Sunday, August 16, 2009

Now What?

This past week, I have been spending a great deal of my time out by the pool. It finally feels like summer here, and I want to take full advantage of it. So, I have not been in my sewing room. But I have been working on some handwork. I finished this top today.


You got a peak of it last month. I combined two different sources for this one. The background is based on the Bee Charmer from Oh Sew Charming! The flowers were taken from a couple of the blocks in the Aunt Millie's Garden pattern from Piece O'Cake Designs.
I can't tell just exactly what this wants to be. The Bee Charmer pattern was intended to be a wall hanging. It is also a good size for a table topper. But, I had so much fun working on this, I am wondering if I should use this as a center and expand around it to make something more substantially sized. Except that I used scraps for this so far. So it may take some doing finding the right fabrics to make any additions look like they belong. What should I do?

3 comments:

ColorJoy LynnH said...

It's wonderful. Whatever you do will work well, I'm sure. I say put it where you can see it from time to time, and it will tell you what it wants to be.

Lynn

West Michigan Quilter said...

This quilt is beautiful. You are sew (so) clever! I love what you've done and how you have created your own quilt!

a good yarn said...

It just looks so good. Do you have somewhere to hang it? Or would it be of more use as a quilt? Ann :)