Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fun with charms

Friday I had another growth removed from my armpit. This one was under the other arm from the first one. So once again, I am forced to take it easy while my incision heals. This one is slightly smaller than the last one, so I hope it heals more quickly.

I can't tell you how easily bored I become. I think tomorrow I will need to take a trip to my local library so I can get something to read. This weekend I decided would attempt a little sewing. So I took the charm packet I bought on vacation and got busy. I found a template for a 4" finished size drunkards path block down in my sewing room. And to my delight, the charm pack I bought was just the right size to cut one each of the wedge and the arc pieces. I got 40 blocks made in no time at all, and there was almost no waste fabric! This is what I have so far.

There are four more blocks left. I intend to use them as cornerstones on a border. But first I will need to try to find some of this fabric line locally, so I can add the border and binding. I really like this fabric line- especially the polka dots. When this is done, it will reside on my kitchen table.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I have never seen a drunkard's path made scrappy like that and I love love love it!! Scrappy quilts are my all time favorite and these fabrics look like they were just made to go scrappy. Great job!

Rose Marie said...

Charm packs are such a delight to work with and you get such a wide variety of colours which are all coordinated. Love your table topper!