Monday, October 18, 2010

DWM-I actually have something new to share


On Friday my design wall still looked the same as in my last post. Those blocks had been hanging on my design wall since June. I finally decided to just put them away for now. When I have a need for a baby/child-size quilt, they will become a finished quilt. Until then, since they have not been speaking to me for months, they need to go away.
This is my new project. It is a Mississippi Wheel of Fortune block. I am using paper foundations to piece it following a pattern by Karen Stone. The block on the left is finished. It was intended to be a table topper to tie in with this at Christmas time. Hubby, however, thinks it should be a pillow. We'll see about that. (This is a 20 inch block!) The block on the right is in progress. I'm not sure how many I will make. I have a good stash of batiks and could easily make enough for a large quilt. But I am undecided on if I want to devote that much time to a foundation pieced project. I will say that I love the colors so far.

To see more quilters design walls for inspiration, check out Patchwork Times blog. Judy L. hosts this every Monday.

8 comments:

Sally Hamilton said...

Absolutely lovely!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love these blocks! The one on the left with the stripe fabric has so much movement! Don't you love working on a quilt and just making blocks until you get bored of it?! No pressure...just fun!

Chris said...

I am kinda leaning toward hubby on this one. It would make a super cute pillow.

Jo said...

Oh..I wish I was a paper piecer. I can do one or two pieces but then it drives me crazy. It's just too slow. Kudos to you for conquering it!

Vicki H. said...

Very cute blocks and what a pattern. The block is quite original and very interesting. Nice job.

Nina Marie said...

wow never saw this wheel before - so pretty!! I thought I was the only one to let things just sit on my design wall for months at a time - lately I've been layering projects on there LOL!!!

Diane said...

oh those are lovely-they look difficult.

Charlene S said...

I agree that 20inches is a bit big for a pillow but it is also a bit small for a table topper. Maybe a wall hanging would work at 20". I love the movement in both pieces. I wish I had that pattern.