Thursday, June 23, 2011

Still Uncertain About this One

On my last post, I showed a picture of my current project up on my design wall. I asked for opinions on my setting triangles, because I wasn't sure about the navy. And several of you were nice enough to comment that you liked the navy. And the more I looked, so did I. But something was still bothering me about the quilt. It wasn't until someone pointed out that she thought the red was overpowering the blocks that it made sense. I was so determined to give this quilt a Christmas feel, that I totally missed the misplaced red. I have been playing around on EQ with some alternate options. This one is speaking to me at the moment. What do you think? Is this better, or is the center now too light?

3 comments:

MB in MI said...

i DO like this better! good work!

Teresa said...

I think this looks perfect!!!! Love love love the design.

a good yarn said...

The white sashing doesn't dominate the design like the red does. The white also provides good contrast and brightens the trees. Fascinating how much it changes the look. Ann :-)