Monday, July 25, 2011

So many distractions, so little sewing time

This past month has had so many distractions that I have not really had any time to sew. For one, we had our annual family camping trip with my extended family. I wish I had some nice photos to share with you from that trip, but unfortunately my camera broke, so I have none. But, we did have fantastic weather all week and a good time was had by all.


After our week of vacation, I started watching my granddaughter 2-3 days a week. I really treasure the opportunity to bond with her. I love being a grandma! I am trying to squeeze in a little quilting when I can, but progress is slow.

This is what my design wall looks like today. I have a few days open, so with a bit of luck, this will all be stitched together to this point by the end of the week.

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Lovely crabapples, I like those blue setting triangles on the sides. It looks like you are getting pretty close to having a finished flimsy.

Gail said...

The trees look great, especially against the dark blue triangles. Take advantage of the grandbaby cuddle time, soon she'll be big enough to squirm away and be off exploring on her own.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your granddaughter is a cutie! Beautiful quilt too!

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty quilt and I love the fabrics you chose for the trees! Awwww, aren't babies just darlin'?

Gari in AL said...

What I have been telling myself is that I can take my time, enjoy life and I don't have to complete 3-4 quilts a month, or even one. I do, however, need to enjoy my time and be productive in whatever I do whether it be lovin a grandchild, sewing/quilting, reading or the dreaded housework. So have fun and you will soon finish that beautiful quilt.

Debbie said...

Love how your lured me in with a quilt photo and then there was an adorable baby girl to see too!

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable photo of the grandbaby on the cutting table! Hope you're not using it as a change table :)
It would be amazing if you were able to sew this quilt together while having this gorgeous baby to distract you!

AnnieO said...

Love your tree quilt! Wonderful with the variety of greens you have. Only a quilter would pose a baby with a cutting mat as a background :) She's awfully sweet and you are a lucky grandma.

marcella said...

Looks like you have the best of reasons to not be quilting! Enjoy that wonderful little granddaughter.

I love your tree blocks with squares instead of half square triangles. Great variation.

Miri said...

The quilt is looking great...you're nearly finished with the top!

Your granddaughter is adorable and you're so lucky to be spending 2-3 days a week with her: Enjoy! I have twin granddaughters that look about the same age but they're thousands of miles from me.

Mary said...

I like ther trees on point too. The cornerstones pop. Have fun playing grandma while you can... They grow so fast!

Teresa said...

She is a cutie pie. I love being a granny too!

Your quilt is looking wonderful.

a good yarn said...

With such a beautiful granddaughter I think it's okay to be distracted. Your quilt is looking good. Ann :-)