I got my quilt top back today. It has been a long anticipated wait and I really did not know what to expect. I guess the most surprising element is the addition of white fabrics. I don't know why I didn't expect it, maybe because there was no white in my original center block. But I think it definately works. I am happy with the top overall, although there are a couple of things I think I would have done differently. But I will definitely not make any changes to that which already is part of the top. I do think I may add a round to complete it and make it a bit larger. Or maybe just add a plain border.
I am adding an update, as the final quilt from my group made it home to her owner. This is Jackie's top. I did the first round on this one using some fabrics that I hand painted. The suggestion for round one was rail fence, so I made a modified version, where half the blocks look like butterflies. I like the garden theme her top ended up having.