Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Update on Round Robin




The deadline is fast approaching and quilt tops are returning home to their owners in the Quilts Your Way round robin. I am still waiting anxiously for mine, but three of the five in our group have found their way to their proper homes. I thought I would share some pics of these tops.

This first top belongs to Kimberly. You may remember seeing the picture of this after my round, as I posted it in a previous blog message. My addition was the kites between and including the two lavendar borders.

This top belongs to Barb. I wish I had a better picture of this one to share, as you just can't appreciate her beautiful applique center with this one. I added the third round on this one, which has the green corners and diagonal purple/off white blocks. I really like how this one turned out. And her beautiful applique is what has inspired me to try a few applique projects.




Here is Marge's top. I added the final round to this one. My thinking was it looked a little like a sunflower, tieing in with the sunflowers in the center of the quilt. I struggled with this one, because I felt the stripe fabric in the previous round was so strong. I was afraid My addition would fight with it. But I like how my addition finishes it off.
I will add another post when the last two from our group arrive home safely. I have enjoyed this experience more than I thought I would. I was a bit nervous going into it, as I wasn't sure how everyone's skill levels would compare to mine.

0 comments: