Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another year is done already



Here we are at the end of 2009 already. Is it just me, or did this year seem to fly by? Time just really gets away from me these days. At least I managed to finish some things this year. Thanks to Kris and May Britt, and their One Project a Month Challenge, I completed 25 items this year. And that feels pretty good to me. Of course, I still have a list of unfinished projects that is much longer than I am comfortable with. And don't even ask me about the list of things I haven't even started on but have the supplies for already. Hopefully I will still like those when I finally get around to making them.

I am still committed to finishing up some of my UFO's. I have joined the UFO challenge at the Patchwork Penguin for 2010. I like how it is set up. And the target is 10 quilts finished in 2010. One for each of the first ten months. My only hesitation was selecting the ten ufo's I would commit to finishing. But I have made my choices and posted them on my side bar, with links to photos of each in their current state. The list represents about a third of my unfinished quilts. If I can finish all 10 on my list in 2010, I will be thrilled. If I somehow manage to finish even more from my big list, I will be overjoyed. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Yes, yes, I agree! This year flew past at supersonic speed. I too am thankful to Kris and Maybritt for hosting OPAM. There were times when having a deadline really inspired me to finish things.You have some good projects on your 2010 list and I look forward to charting your progress. Happy Stitching, Ann :-)

Judy said...

Thanks for the incentive to dig into my sewing room and find all those UFOs and get me working on them.