Monday, March 22, 2010

on my wall today...


I have managed to do a little sewing this past week. I have my blocks stitched together on my bow tie quilt. I hope to add the borders this week. I wish I had a better picture , but somehow this is the only shot I took.


Today I went to a workshop with Bonnie Hunter. Our local quilt guild brought Bonnie in to speak tomorrow night. In the workshop, we worked on her Cathedral Stars quilt. I was a last minute add-in to the class and was happy to snag a spot. These are a couple of the blocks I made. This one will need to go into the ufo pile for a while so I can finish a few other projects.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I am sure you had a great time with Bonnie - she is so inspirational, and fun!

Diane said...

Oh I luv both your pictures-the bow tie one just looks so calm and cool.

Anonymous said...

Your bow tie quilt keeps getting better and better!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh Jane...you lucky duck...you took a class with Bonnie! Love your blocks, but then I LOVE lime green:)
Your bowties are fabulous too!

Cathy said...

Great bow tie blocks. I really like the colours, so cool and calming.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

OMG! It is gorgeous! I love the bow tie blocks. And I love Bonnie Hunter!

Did you come to Baton Rouge for Seminar????

glen

a good yarn said...

Your bow ties is looking terrific! How wonderful to meet Bonnie Hunter - her quilts are amazing. Your blocks look great and they are going to make an incredible quilt. Cheers, Ann :-)