Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another block done, and only two more to go







I took my Jeep in for an oil change on Friday. My dealership had sent me a coupon for an oil change, tire rotation and 25 point inspection for $25. Sounded like a good deal to me, and I was due for the oil change anyways, so I went for it. I brought along an applique block to work on while I waited. I figured I might squeeze a good half hours worth of stitching in while they worked on the Jeep.



Well, I just should have known they were going to find something troublesome in the inspection. I was way past due for a tune-up and my rear brakes were shot. Sigh. Might as well take care of that while I'm already there, right? Oh, then they found a problem with my fuel injection...and a torn boot on my driveshaft- this one was still covered under my powertrain warranty(with a $100 deductible). Yup.



When all was said and done, I spent four hours waiting and $472.81 on what was originally going to be a thirty minute, $25 oil change. I will say that my Jeep runs great. And I got quite a bit accomplished on my applique block while I waited. In fact, it is now finished. I sure was glad I had brought that along with me. It was a great diversion and source of stress relief. And I like the way it turned out too.

0 comments: