Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Stitching Summary

This has not been a very productive week for me as far as quilting goes. I have a daughter getting married in June, and I have not yet found a dress to wear. So I spent a good deal of my week shopping- unsuccessfully I might add, for a mother-of-the-bride dress. As a plus-sized woman, there is not much to choose from as far as I have been able to find. Add to the dilema the fact that my daughter has chosen to put her bridesmaids in chocolate brown tea length dresses for a June wedding, and I just have no idea what I should even be looking for. What I do know is that I don't like anything I have found so far. Sigh.

I balanced the frustration of my shopping shortfalls with a bit of sewing. I managed to complete the top of my January/February strip club quilt.
I am not sure if I love the result, but I am happy that I did not have to purchase any fabric to complete the top. I may even have something suitable for the backing in my stash. That makes me happy.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Funny you mention you are not sure if you love it--I can't say I love it yet I really, really like it. It is sort of unique and I like that about it. and I like the way you did the color layout. Overall, I think it is a stunning quilt. So does that mean I do love it???

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Great Blog--I have tagged you

Weird and Wacky--hope you don't mind. See my blog and post on March 18th.
www.sewhappy10000@yahoo.com
Have fun!!