Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh no, It's snowing..... :(

I'm back with some more pics and today's game plan. It is cold here in Michigan, and we are getting a light snowfall. In fact, I believe snow is in the forecast for the entire week. Bummer. I am really much more of a summer type of person.

I promised in the last post to share the completed top from yesterday.What do you think? I am really happy with it. If you look closely, you will notice that I am previewing my options for the binding. On the left is my original intention- the yellow; and on the right is the checkerboard print. I think I will stick with the yellow.

Also, I have a finish to report! I finally got the baby quilt done. I got the binding all stitched down and it is ready to go. :D Bring on the grand baby!!! I'm ready now.

So, what's on the agenda for today? This for starters. The pieces are all cut and ready to go. Hopefully I won't feel the need to deviate from the design on this one.

And when I feel the need to relax with my feet up, I will work on finishing up this quilt. I have the binding about halfway stitched down and I have decided that I will not go to sleep tonight before it is done. I think I started this one back in 2000, so it is time to finish it.

4 comments:

Jean said...

You have our work cut out for you...go for it. Love the baby quilt. I want to do a star like that...which pattern did you use? Did you strip piece/cut the diamonds?

Pieceful Jane said...

The baby quilt was made using a pattern by Fig Tree Quilts.It is called Jelly Stars and was very easy to follow. It is strip pieced. I changed it a bit to suit my needs- only one star instead of four, and a different border due to fabric constrictions.

tirane93 said...

i love that black/white/yellow top. very nice work! looks like your top for the day today will also be spectacular.

katie z said...

Your quilt needing the binding finished is lovely. My daughter and sewing assistant would say "It's so pretty."