Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh no, It's snowing..... :(

I'm back with some more pics and today's game plan. It is cold here in Michigan, and we are getting a light snowfall. In fact, I believe snow is in the forecast for the entire week. Bummer. I am really much more of a summer type of person.

I promised in the last post to share the completed top from yesterday.What do you think? I am really happy with it. If you look closely, you will notice that I am previewing my options for the binding. On the left is my original intention- the yellow; and on the right is the checkerboard print. I think I will stick with the yellow.

Also, I have a finish to report! I finally got the baby quilt done. I got the binding all stitched down and it is ready to go. :D Bring on the grand baby!!! I'm ready now.

So, what's on the agenda for today? This for starters. The pieces are all cut and ready to go. Hopefully I won't feel the need to deviate from the design on this one.

And when I feel the need to relax with my feet up, I will work on finishing up this quilt. I have the binding about halfway stitched down and I have decided that I will not go to sleep tonight before it is done. I think I started this one back in 2000, so it is time to finish it.

4 comments:

Jean said...

You have our work cut out for you...go for it. Love the baby quilt. I want to do a star like that...which pattern did you use? Did you strip piece/cut the diamonds?

Pieceful Jane said...

The baby quilt was made using a pattern by Fig Tree Quilts.It is called Jelly Stars and was very easy to follow. It is strip pieced. I changed it a bit to suit my needs- only one star instead of four, and a different border due to fabric constrictions.

tirane93 said...

i love that black/white/yellow top. very nice work! looks like your top for the day today will also be spectacular.

Katie Z. said...

Your quilt needing the binding finished is lovely. My daughter and sewing assistant would say "It's so pretty."