Thursday, June 4, 2009

A day of sewing brings progress

Yesterday was open sewing day at my local quilt shop and I was lucky enough to be able to go. I don't know why, but I always seem to be able to get more done when I go compared to what I can do if I am at home in my sewing room. And I definitely made good use of my time yesterday. I took several things along to work on, including two quilts that I got back from the long-arm quilter last week. I am thrilled to say that I got both quilts trimmed and they have the binding machine stitched down and are ready for the hand stitching to finish them up. That will be my busy work during TV time for a while.

I also finally got the outer border on my woolly flower quilt top. I have been putting it off for over a year, as I wanted the border to be more than just a plain border. Here is what I finally decided on. I am happy to have it finished.

Now I just need to figure out how to quilt this thing. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

The border choice is so nice - great pick. Picking out quilting patterns is always difficult for me too, so afraid I don't have any suggestions. I like to look through magazines and see how similar quilts were done - guess that is the only suggestion I can make.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I would meander around the flowers. Then in the sashings I think I would do leaves. The border, maybe follow the curves. I don't know. You could do something really creative there. Not sure how feathers would work. Maybe loop de loops. Sorry I can't explain it better.