Saturday, May 22, 2010

The another update from the sew in

This is what I got done from last night's sew-in. The lantern blocks are stitched into rows and the border blocks are done. I'm trying to decide if I want to add the tassels as the pattern suggests or just omit them. If I leave them off, then I will need to remove some of the background from the bottom to even things out. I am also considering adding some extra borders to make this bigger. I have a bit of extra fabric to work with, but I'm not sure there is enough. I think that will be a good project for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like a very successful sew in! You were quite productive!

a good yarn said...

That border works so well. This is such a nice quilt. Are the tassels in applique or are they real tassles? Ann :-)

Pieceful Jane said...

Ann, the tassels are part applique and part embroidered. I have decided to include them, but I am now contemplating whether to follow the pattern or devise my own.