Monday, May 10, 2010

DWM May 10


Not much progress to report this week. I struggled with the side triangles on the hexagon quilt and finally settled on this. I don't think I got the sizing quite right, but I am afraid to rip them off again for fear of stretching the edges and making things worse. It is not as flat as I would like on the edges, but I think I can make it work. This is as far as the instructions go for this pattern, so I need to play around with some border ideas this week.


The baby robins in the nest outside my sewing room are getting bigger. I am enjoying watching their progress. And mama robin is keeping her eyes on us all from a nearby fence.




Check out Judy L.'s blog for more Design Wall Monday fun.

6 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Your quilt top came together nicely. Great job. It looks good to me.

Diane said...

I like how your quilt turned out, very visually pleasing! hand clap all around!

Ivani said...

What a beautifuk hexagon quilt! Just love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

About any ripples, I always tell myself "it will quilt out"!

a good yarn said...

It's such a striking quilt. The graphic design is eye catching. Perhaps lightly starching those way edges might help to keep them under control. Cheers, Ann :-)

Myra said...

Awesome project on your display wall!! 8-)