Sunday, May 2, 2010

In bloom...a bit early!

Usually, my lilacs are just blooming for Mother's Day. I have a tradition of making a couple bouquets of lilacs each year- one for me, and one for my mom. I like to add in some snowball flowers for an accent. But this year, my lilacs are blooming early. Aren't they gorgeous?


I seem to have caught a butterfly in this first photo. It's upper right.

These are the snowballs next to my lilacs. They are already opening and turning white. Usually they are about an inch in diameter and bright green at Mother's day. These are close to three inches.

A few blooms next to the shed.


Not a great picture, but this is a baby robin in the nest. Didn't dare get too close. Momma robin might not appreciate that. I hope you are enjoying springtime as much as I am.

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Snowballs are some of my all time favourite blooms. I don't see lilacs here much but there are some very old trees near my son's work and when in bloom they are spectacular! What a delightful gift for your mother. Ann :-)

Diane said...

my lilacs are in full bloom right now too, even a little past full-bloom. they are my favorite.