Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Calgon, take me away...


from this cold, grey weather! I am in the midst of a serious case of the winter blues here. We have been getting a good deal of snow this week. All of the schools around us were closed yesterday, and they are saying it is possible we could get another 12 inches of snow before 1pm tomorrow. Yuck! As if the unbearable lack of sunshine weren't enough punishment. Sigh.


If you haven't already guessed, I have done nothing sewing related this week. In fact, I am struggling to find the motivation to do much of anything. I really hate this time of year. It messes with my system something awful.


In an attempt to lighten my mood, I even went so far as to buy a package at the local tanning salon. That is a first for me. Hubby thought it might help. So far there is no proof of it. I am so crabby lately even I don't want to be around me.


I am signed up for the strip club at the local quilt store Friday evening. My sister-in-law and I are going together. I have quite a collection of 2.5" fabric strips that will work up nicely into the quilt we will be working on. I guess I will soon have yet another top to add to my ufo pile.


Anyways, sorry for the rant. I get this way sometimes in the winter. It is a bit overwhelming.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Jane I am right there with you in the blah side of life...I don't know that I have the blues, but I sure am not getting any sewing done. We only have a skim of snow but it is dreadfully cold...supposed to warm up over the weekend. I just don't even like the thoughts of going outside for anything!

Kathleen said...

Jane, come and visit! Skies are blue today. It's chilly for FL right now, but the sun is out and it will be warming up soon.

Marion said...

Jane, Jane, Jane...lets plan a day to sew together. Maybe hit a few quilt stores? That might be what we need to get motivated. It's not the weather holding me back though, as I love a good dose of winter snow. I just don't have the motivation I need...just need a good nudge.

Sending you hugs!