Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The search is over

My current project has been both a test and a challenge. It was intended to be made using left-over strips from a previous project along with some fabrics pulled from my stash. That was supposed to be the challenge. And it started out that way. I designed the top in a manner that enabled me to use what I had available. And the pieceful life was good. Until my son decided he liked it and wanted it for his bed.

Unfortunately, the quilt I designed is only 72" square. Which makes it a nice lap quilt, but not really big enough for a bed. Clearly I would have to enlarge it. But, now I have already used up the fabrics I had for the top. And they were left overs from a quilt I made in 2006, so there was little hope of finding more of the fabrics I would have liked more of. And I have nothing in my stash that worked with the quilt as it is. I would have to buy some more fabric.

It only took me an entire day and stops at five stores, but I think I found something that works. Here is the top in it's current state, minus the newly acquired fabric.

2 comments:

Rose said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Jane, this is beautiful. You are so talented. I hope to see it once you've added the other fabric. Caroll