Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I need a maid



I love my kids. I really do. But I sure am tired of picking up after them! Let me explain that my kids are all adults now. And the two I have at home are in college. So why is it that they seem incapable of hanging up their coats? Or putting their dirty dishes into the dishwasher? (Or even getting them into the kitchen for that matter.) Sorry, I just needed to get that out of my system.



With the boys both home, all of my free time seems to be taken up with laundry and housework. The hampers above were empty yesterday! And now they are almost all full again- what's up with that?! I haven't been in the sewing room in a few days and it is really starting to get to me. Good thing they both start back to class on Monday.


Anyways, since I have nothing new to share with you of my quilting, I thought I would show you a couple more of the challenge quilts my quilting family made in October. I am missing photos of two of them. Hopefully I will have a chance to share those another time.

This is Pat's quilt. She has it displayed nicely on top of a coffee table. I removed a nice decorative arrangement from the table in order to get this picture. It looks great in her living room. :)

This is Karen's quilt. She has her's hanging in her dining room. This photo was taken during our family Christmas party, where it just happens to be above the dessert table. Sorry it is not the best picture. I think that chocolate fountain had me a little distracted. I need to tell you that this is Karen's very first quilting project. We kind of bullied her into joining the challenge, and she was reluctant. But she definately rose to it! I think she did a great job!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Wanted to ask if I could borrow your maid when you are done with her? I am in a mess right now and could use all the help I can get.

Also, my little quilt came!!!! How in the world did you get the points on those tiny 9-patches to meet so perfectly? It is such a pretty quilt!

Kathy said...

What nice quilts! Thanks for sharing.