Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My night out

I mentioned in my last post that I would be attending the monthly strip club at my local quilt store. The store began holding these back in March, but this was my first time. I went with my sister-in-law, Judy. This was her first time at strip club too.




Judy is busy stitching her strips together.

Since we had the pattern for the class in advance, I had all of my fabrics cut into 2.5 inch strips and ready to go. Or so I thought. Judy had all of her strips sub-cut into the different lengths that were called for in the pattern. Sigh. Appearantly, I was not paying attention when the shop owner told us that most people have all their cutting done before class. Note to self: pay attention! I ,however, was not the least prepared person at class. There were two ladies who had none of their cutting done before class started.

I brought along my trusty featherweight, Flo. Here she is set up at our table. See the nice cluttered mess I have? I didn't get too much sewing in, since I was busy cutting my strips down most of the class.


This is what I managed to get done in class.

Judy managed to get substantially farther than I did. Aren't her fabrics pretty?

Some of the more experienced strippers managed to get most of their piecing done. I'm not sure I could be friends with the likes of her. ;) She makes me feel a bit inadequate.

I have not worked on this quilt since class last Friday. I think I will save it to work on at next months class. I may not be a quick stripper, but I do enjoy the social interaction.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my I really enjoyed reading your blog, I hope you don't mind my stopping in! Your class experience is so much like my own...why do I always go and feel so far behind the others...because I am not a *speed sewer/quilter* but I eventually get it done and so will you!! Fun blog, neat pictures, and your friend did pick beautiful colors, another area I feel weak in! Barb in PA

Marion said...

Oh Jane...we really do need to have that cup of coffee soon, eh? I share your sentiments and also seem to always be one of the very last to finish or progress in a class. I think you and your sister-in-law both chose beautiful fabrics!

Hugs~

Marion

kcdi said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I got my PIF quilt and I love it.
As for the class, I'm always the slowest no matter how prepared I am. ;)
Hugs and Stitches
Kimberly