Monday, January 25, 2010

Design Wall 1-25


This is my design wall today. As you can see, no progress has been made on my two-block nightmare. I'm still giving it some time to rest while I let something else stress me out for a while. Namely, this!




This is my OP quilt UFO I intended to finish this month. I wanted to experiment a bit and decided to use a decorative stitch in the sashing strips. I chose one that is wavy. I thought it would be nice and girly, sort of like rickrack. But it is making my quilt look puckered. And not in a good way. Even though it was nice and flat when I basted it. I'm not sure if this picture shows what I'm talking about. I can't seem to add pics so that they expand when you click them. :( Anyways, this one is resting a while too, while I ponder what steps will make this quilt look better. I don't intend to rip out the wavy stitching, but you never know.

Soooooooooo, in the meantime, I am back to playing with my scraps. That usually puts me in my happy place. This batch of scraps are the result of the Carolina Christmas quilt I'm working on. Here's what I have so far, along with my EQ drawing of the intended finished quilt.

This will be a wall hanging, or maybe a pillow. The individual basket blocks are going to finish at six inches, and the finished quilt will be around 18 inches.

To see what other quilters are working on, check out the linky box on Judy's blog.

2 comments:

Diane said...

would doing a stitch in the ditch along the sashing maybe help? It's hard to tell in the picture and sadly I have no idea how/why some pictures expand and some don't.

Teresa said...

That a cute basket wall hanging. I have not made the basket block before and guess I will have to add that to my "to do" list as I just love the look of yours.