Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Monday! Do you know what that means?

That's right! It's time for a peek at my design wall. I have made a few more block parts for the Carolina Christmas quilt. There are still so many more to piece, but there is some progress, so I am counting that as a positive.



But that isn't the only thing on my design wall today. I have also made a few test blocks for a quilt that I designed last year. I have been wanting to make this quilt for several months, but I've been putting it off. I got a bit carried away and cut out all of the block pieces for this quilt on New Year's day.
But now I'm not sure if I like the fabrics together as much as I thought I would. They look a bit different in the blocks than they did sitting together as a pile of fabrics . Plus, what was I thinking with those set-in seams?! UGH! The first of that test block turned out a bit wonky and wouldn't lie flat. Of course, I failed to pin the pieces before I sewed them. Will I ever learn that lesson? Let's hope so.
If you are a regular reader, you know that I am trying to finish up old projects. You also have probably figured out that I lack a certain amount of discipline in that area. Please don't judge me. I really am trying. But, sometimes the urge to start something new simply overcomes me. And who doesn't like a new project?
What about my UFO #4 from last post? It is still waiting for a turn. And I will finish it this month. Just not today. :P
To see what other quilters are working on, go check out Judy's blog.

6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I love your green pieces....that's an awesome quilt right there! I skipped this mystery, the timing wasn't right for me.
LOL, how can I judge you for starting that fabulous quilt when my them for last year was "I'm not starting anything new" and I sang that song 17! times. Don't be so hard on yourself. And UFO #4, it isn't going anywhere.

Anonymous said...

I like your new project. Although I agree with you about the set in seams. How many 'millions' of the star blocks are there? could you tell us the name of the pattern?

Pieceful Jane said...

There are 13 of the star blocks and 12 of the square-in-a-square blocks in the quilt. But there is no pattern for this new one. I designed it on EQ6 so there are no written instructions for it.

Unknown said...

You look as though you are about as far as I am with the Carolina Christmas Quilt! I have not worked on it the past two days though as I became bored with it! I have got to get motivated . . .

a good yarn said...

Lots of us are in the same boat. I'm sure no one will judge you. Sometimes you need a break from a project. Your blue/red blocks look fine to me. I think you are marvellous to do set in seams. Make what you like when you like. This is meant to be pleasurable not a chore. Happy Stitching, Ann :-)

Quilter Kathy said...

We would never judge you...people who live in glass houses never throw stones! We are all in the same boat! Looks like I am at about the same stage as you in the mystery.