Sunday, January 10, 2010

This one is a struggle

This is an EQ drawing of my current quilt project. I showed a few of the finished blocks on my last design wall post. I like the color combination and the pattern of this quilt. It was part of an experiment I was doing with combining two quilt blocks to make a quilt. But, I wish I had paid more attention to the actual blocks I chose to use as one of them is proving to be a challenge to make. I have all of the mosaic blocks finished. They finished to the correct size and look great. But the cornered star blocks are not going together as well. First they wouldn't lie flat, and now I can't get them to finish the correct size. I don't normally have an issue with seam allowance, but these blocks are finishing too small. UGH! I'm glad I went with a simple border for this one, because once I get these blocks right, I'm going to want to be finished with this one quick. Next time I'll remember to make a test block first, before I cut my fabrics.

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

It looks like a beautiful quilt. Wonder why those corner blocks are giving you trouble. Let us see how things turn out.

a good yarn said...

It's a fantastic colour and design. Are you cutting the pieces for the cornered star block on the grain? That might be some of the trouble. Sounds frustrating but I'm sure it will come together. Cheers, Ann :-)