This has been a very productive weekend for me quilting wise. I am making progress on several of my WIPs. In fact, I am caught up on everything that I am trying to keep to a timeline on. And I am even ahead on a couple things. Boy does that feel good!
I completed the current round of the ostrich round robin yesterday afternoon. Trying to follow the guidelines for the round was much more of a challenge than I anticipated . I spent a couple hours on my EQ6 software playing with ideas, only to decide that most were too involved or fussy. I did finally settle on an addition. I stumbled upon it quite by accident while trying to make a change that was very different than the one I actually made. But as it turns out, it was a happy accident indeed, as I am very happy with the results after this round.
Some of the things I like about my newest addition are :
*the nice value contrast from the round before
*I was able to incorporate the light green fabric from round one into this round- and I only had a fat quarter of it to start with
*the way the quilt now has movement in another direction without actually having to put the quilt on point
*the fact that it is only around 36inches square at this point (and will still easily fit in the space I wish to hang it when it is finished)
*the gentle reminder that sometimes less is more
The only thing that I am not thrilled about with this round is how white it is. But I suspect that next round that will seem like a blessing.