Monday, May 14, 2007

Not getting much done lately



Things at home have been particularly busy the past couple weeks. And I have been having trouble sneaking in some sewing time. But I have managed to complete two blocks from my BOM series for May. Above is the May block for the Debbie Mumm quilt I am doing. I hand appliqued the leaves. I still haven't mastered sharp points yet, but I think my blocks will be ok. Maybe someday I'll figure it out.
Below is the May block from the Block Central quilt. I used the same fabric combination I put in the April block. I like them better than the fabrics from the first few blocks. I have no intention of redoing any of them however. I like my quilts to have a scrappier look anyways.

Tomorrow I will work on my hand applique blocks from the flower BOM I am doing. I will have a long day of sit and wait, as my son will be in surgery. So the busy work will be comforting to me.

0 comments: