Tuesday, May 1, 2007

More Block of the month




Since it is the beginning of the month, new blocks have been posted for my on-line block of the month quilts. I have printed off the patterns but will wait to make the blocks until next week. They look like they will sew up quick.


I am making the BOM from block central called patchwork panache. What I like about this one is that the blocks are slightly larger than what you nornally find. And I like the final setting of this quilt, although I don't plan on using their setting style on my finished quilt. I had planned on making this one using a controlled pallette of fabrics for all of the blocks. But, when I got to the April block, I just couldn't stick with it. I have to make it somewhat scrappy as it was missing a spark. These are my completed blocks so far.

The colors in this picture are a bit off. They match the colors in the other pictures. This block is larger than the others and is intended to be the center block of the finished quilt.



0 comments: