Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Quilts of Valor

For the past couple years I have been involved with the Quilts of Valor program. This organization presents wounded members of our military with comfort quilts. I do not have any family members currently in active service, but this project really spoke to my heart. So far I have managed to send five quilts- all but one were quilted by a long arm quilter. There are some pics of the donated quilts in my photo album. This year has had a number of challenges that have complicated my life, and I have not managed to get any QOV's done. But I am still trying to stay involved. I am in an MSN group that is taking block donations for these quilts, so I am trying to send out a couple blocks a month done in patriotic colors. It isn't much, but I like to think I am still making a worthwhile contribution. This month's blocks are called Antique Tiles. For more information on Quilts of Valor check out their website.

0 comments: